The point of bird watching is not the actual seeing of the birds, but the cultivation of patience. Of course, each time we set out, there’s a certain amount of expectation we’ll see something, maybe even a species we’ve never seen before, and that it will fill us with light. But even if we don’t see anything remarkable – and sometimes that happens – we come home filled with light anyway.”
Jibhi offers a very diverse base for birding enthusiast, habitats varying from water bodies, dense forest to open alpine meadows you can easily spot 25-30 different species of native and migratory birds, The common birds around Jibhi area are; yellow bailed magpie, tree pie, brown dipper, red star, tits (at least three different types) finhes, fork tail, bulbul, dove, pigeon, drongos, jungle fowls, Crested Kingfisher, Blue Whistling Thrush, White-crested Kaleej, Himalayan Griffon vulture, etc.
NOTE- No experience required. This is a seasonal activity.
First we’ll meet at Jibhi Adventure office for a safety briefing and tour instructions. Next you’ll gear up and follow your guide through to some of the most amazing bird life and scenic landscapes in surroundings of JIBHI/TIRTAN area.
Best season for bird watching
MARCH – JUNE
AUGUST – SEPTEMBER
per 2 person group
Rs. 400 extra per person
Not more than 6 people are allowed in this trip
- INSTRUCTION from expert Guide: The guide will be with you during the whole activity. No experience necessary, we will walk you through the activity and offer tips throughout to make your adventure the best it can be!
- Permits required from the authorities.
Age, weight, and mobility restrictions apply, see tour qualifications below.
HOW LONG IS THE TOUR
There are two sessions
Session 1 – 8:00am – 10:00 am
Session 2 – 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
The above timings are suggested only, We can customize as per your timings.6
WHAT SHOULD I BRING
CLOSED-TOE SHOES are required on all tours. Shoes with a good tread are recommended.
CLOTHING: Wear clothes that allow a full range of motion. Long pants help avoid scrapes to the legs from the rock, but wear what is comfortable. NOTE: Clothes can get dirty, snagged or ripped on the natural sandstone rock.
Sun hat and sun screen lotion
Camera/ binox ( optional )
WATER: Bring water to drink throughout the tour, preferably in a reusable water bottle.
MISC: Bring a hair tie for longer hair, bug repellent, rain gear, and layered clothing depending on the season.
To participate in tours at Jibhi Adventure
- Each guest must sign a Liability Release Form.
- Participant should be at least 6 years of age.Any guest under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and have waiver signed by a parent or guardian.If the parent is not present, a photocopy of the parent’s drivers license must accompany the signed waiver.
- Must be in reasonably good health and be physically able to walk up steep inclines and hills river banks. Distance covered will be at least 2 km over alternating terrain with rocks, roots, leaes and boulders.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to for this tour.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or impairing legal medications will not be allowed to participate in any tour.
- Comfortable clothing that allows you to fully maneuver your body is highly recommended.
- Closed-toed shoes with good traction, ie, hiking shoes, athletic shoes or closed toed sandals for rappelling and nature tours.
- Jibhi Adventure reserves the right to exclude anyone from participation for medical, safety or other reasons.
More activities around Jibhi