Outdoor, nature-based learning
that focuses on the holistic
development of the child
Forest school is essentially outdoor, nature-based learning that focuses on the holistic development of the child; Forest Schools are discovery and exploration-based experiences that all promote the love of learning so that individuals understand on an experiential level the love of learning new things at the same time developing one’s character, resilience, social skills, and more.
BEST TIME – April- May-June and September
Workshop Time – 4 Nights/ 5 days Minimum
Age: Between 5 – 15 years old (accompanying parents/ guardian)
Location – Jibhi, Banjar /Tirthan Valley/ Great Himalayan National Park, Kullu Himachal
Best season for forest school
April - May - June
4 Nights / 5 days Minimum
The benefits of forest schooling
Children benefit from the simple act of being outdoors. Research has shown that it improves mental and spiritual health, communication skills and social relationships, among other things. Connecting with nature helps children feel part of the world. Just being outside in nature is calming, and you can see that in how children behave.
Children learn to assess, appreciate and take risks, making sensible, informed decisions about how to tackle the activities and experiences they encounter. They’re learning to be self-sufficient and take care of themselves, which boosts their confidence and self-esteem. Through trial and error they learn to deal with failure and develop the resilience to keep trying: a vital skill in the classroom as well as outside.
Forest Schooling Activities
Fire building and lighting
Mini beast hunts
Learning about flora and fauna
Puddle and mud jumping
- ALL SERVICES PROVIDED:- Transport to the trailhead and back.
- INSTRUCTION from expert Guide: the guide will be with you during the whole activity. No experience necessary, we will walk you through the activity and offer tips throughout to make your experience the best it can be!
- Permits required from the authorities.
Age, weight, and mobility restrictions apply, see tour qualifications below.
How long is the session
There are two sessions
Session 1 – 7:00am – 11:00 am
Session 2 – 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The above timings are suggested only, We can customize as per your timings.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING
CLOSED-TOE SHOES are required on all tours. Shoes with a good tread are recommended.
CLOTHING: Wear clothes that allow a full range of motion. Long pants help avoid scrapes to the legs from the rock, but wear what is comfortable. NOTE: Clothes can get dirty, snagged or ripped on the natural sandstone rock.
WATER: Bring water to drink throughout the tour, preferably in a reusable water bottle.
MISC: Bring a hair tie for longer hair, bug repellent, rain gear, and layered clothing depending on the season.
To participate in tours at Jibhi Adventure
- Each guest must sign a Liability Release Form.
- Participants should be at least 5 years of age. Any guest under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.If the parent is not present, a photocopy of the parent’s drivers license must accompany the signed waiver.
- Must be in reasonably good health and be physically able to walk up steep inclines and hills and river banks. Distance covered will be at least 2-5 km over alternating terrain with rocks, roots, leaves and boulders.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed for this tour.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or impairing legal medications will not be allowed to participate in any tour.
- Comfortable clothing that allows you to fully maneuver your body is highly recommended.
- Closed-toed shoes with good traction, ie, hiking shoes, athletic shoes or closed-toed sandals for rappelling and nature tours.
- Jibhi Adventure reserves the right to exclude anyone from participation for medical, safety or other reasons.